This bridge was built between 1828 and 1838. It is Alcoi’s first great public work and contributed to foster communications in the area. The bridge named after María Cristina Borbón Dos Sicilias, king Fernando VII’s fourth wife.
In its Medievalist style, it combines the use of rough stone ashlars and fine limestone. Its maximum height is 27 metres over the river Riquer, where the Tint area begins.