This park was initially a vegetable plot owned by Franciscan Friars’ Monastery founded in 1569 and expropriated in 1835. Since 1836, it was the town’s first public promenade.
The layout of the Glorieta has experienced many alterations. The most important one took place in 1899, when architect Vicente Pascual Pastor (1906-1908) designed a large elliptical promenade, divided into three large boulevards. The latter, in turn, are subdivided by English hedges. The iron fence incorporates the Art Nouveau motif of the latiguillo (effect of a ribbon which seems to be flying).