Plaça de Dins (Town Square)

This Plaza Mayor -called Plaça de Dins- preserves the classicist arches of the cloister of the Convent of San Agustín, built in the 14th century and later reformed, which after the confiscation of the Church’s and religious communities’ property in 1837, was acquired by the City Council and fitted out for housing and market. The architect who designed the reform and extension was José Moltó Valor.

In one of the accesses to this square, from Sant Tomàs street, a gothic arch is preserved, the only vestige of the Church of San Agustín that was built next to the convent.