Tower of L’Andana

The Christian foundation of the Villa of Alcoi took place in 1256, and in 1305 its first urban expansion was started. This newly developed urban site was called in the 14th century Pobla Nova of Sant Jordi or Vilanova of Alcoi.
The old quarter of Alcoi was protected by a wall and several towers, of which the Tower of l’Andana (in the Plaçeta de les Xiques).