The Sierra Mariola can boast a rich religious heritage. In addition to the churches, throughout the territory you can visit numerous hermitages, sanctuaries and even convents, some of which are still in use and others whose remains bring us closer to what was once their monastic life. To the magnificent heritage and cultural wealth of this route we must add the enormous natural value of the places and municipalities through which it passes. Because, in addition to the religious value for its neighbours, being the scene of many local festivities, many of them have a great historical and in many cases landscape value.
More than 250 km connect the different hermitages of the municipalities of the Serra Mariola, both inside and outside the urban centers. The route can be done in stages as there is a great variety of campsites, hotels, bars, restaurants… which you can find on this website.
Through this route we intend to bring you closer to some of the most significant religious monuments of this land, some of them rural and others you will find in the same urban centers of the municipalities. A journey that will not leave you indifferent and with which we hope you enjoy.
Here we publish the GPS tracks of the different stages that form the “ROUTE OF THE MARIOLA’S ERMITS”, inaugurated on August 1st, 2016. This activity of more than 250 km, which connects all the chapels of the towns that form the Mariola, is part of the Educational Project “FÉLIX TEACH US”,
carried out by the students of sixth of Primary School of San Roque de Alcoy during the school year 2015-2016. To be able to visualize and use them, the program WIKILOC is necessary. Many of the stages are unpublished and we apologize if on any occasion you find any error. We would be grateful if you could send us your proposals for improvement so that we can perfect the activity. In any case, we hope with all our heart that you will enjoy them!
ROUTE HERMITAGES MARIOLA – ALCOY:
- ALCOI 1 (Sant Roc-Sant Cristòfor);
- ALCOI 2 (Sant Cristòfor – Barxell);
- ALCOI 3 (Barxell-Polop);
- ALCOI 4 (Polop-Font Roja);
- ALCOI 5 (Font Roja-Sant Antoni);
- ALCOI 6 (Sant Antoni-Sant Roc).
ROUTE HERMITAGES MARIOLA – COCENTAINA:
- COCENTAINA 1 (Monestir-Palau-Sta Bàrbara-St Cristòfol);
- COCENTAINA 2 (St Cristòfol-Alcúdia-St Roc, Fraga-Palau Comtal);
- COCENTAINA 3 (Cocentaina-Poble Nou Sant Rafel);
- COCENTAINA 4 (Poble Nou-Ermita St Tomàs-Castell de Penella);
- COCENTAINA 5 (Penella-Cocentaina).
ROUTE HERMITAGES MARIOLA – MURO:
ROUTE HERMITAGES MARIOLA – BOCAIRENT – ALFAFARA – AGRES:
- BOCAIRENT 1 (Agres-Convent-Montcabrer-Foia Ampla-Ermita Sant Tomàs);
- BOCAIRENT 2 (Alfafara-Ermita-Les Covetes-Molí Rupestre);
- BOCAIRENT 3 (Font Mariola-Ermita Santa Bàrbara);
- BOCAIRENT 4 (Bocairent-Sant Jaume-Santa Bàrbara-Cova Sarsa);
- BOCAIRENT 5 (Sant Antoni Abat-Bocairent-Sant Crist-Sant Antoni Pàdua).
ROUTE HERMITAGES MARIOLA – BANYERES: